Remote starters allow you to start your vehicle from the convenience of your office or kitchen table so that your vehicle interior is at a comfortable temperature when you enter. Remote starting also helps to warm the engine and circulate the fluids to maximize engine life.
At Sound Depot & Performance of Gaineseville, we are experts in remote starter installations for all types of vehicles, whether it’s brand new or a treasured classic. Let us show you how a remote starter can make your life easier and your day more productive, all with an added measure of safety in mind.
Our first priority to installing your remote starter is safety. The convenience of starting your vehicle without physically being inside has added measures of safe operation so we ensure a seamless and consistent experience. Here are a few of the vehicle circuits that are monitored to ensure added safety:
- Engine RPM – The vehicle’s engine RPMs are monitored while remote started to confirm starting and protect against overrunning the engine. In the event the engine did not start on the first attempt, monitoring the engine RPM status allows additional attempts until it starts.
- Foot Brake – while the vehicle is remote started, pressing the foot brake without first turning the key (or pressing the starter button) disables the remote starter. It’s a significant safety feature that ensures no unauthorized operation of the vehicle.
- Emergency Brake – in most cases, we configure the remote starter to require the emergency brake to have been engaged upon departing the car so remote starting is enabled. This is mandatory for manual transmission vehicles and an added measure of safety for automatic transmission vehicles.
- Hood – If the hood is open, the remote starter is disabled. This protects any normal situations of engine service by a mechanic or car detailer.
- Doors – If, while the doors are locked, they are opened the remote starter system can be configured to shut down with security functionality.
We offer many remote control key fob options for our remote starters, most of which can be configured with extended range receivers in the vehicle allowing control for up to one-quarter mile in ideal conditions. This allows you to remote start your vehicle in your driveway no matter where you are in the house. Some of the remote control options we offer feature 2-way communication between the vehicle and remote key fob. This shows vehicle status such as confirming remote starting, as well as additional information such as run time elapsed, the status of the doors locked (or unlocked), outside temperature, engine RPM and more.
In addition to (or instead of) the keychain remote control, at Sound Depot & Performance we can configure your Android or Apple smartphone to control your remote starter too. It’s an option available with most of the remote starter systems we offer and runs through an intuitive app on the device. As long as your vehicle is within cellular service coverage, you can remote start it with your smartphone from anywhere in the world.
Combine with Security Functions
Nearly all of the remote starter systems we offer can be combined with security system functionality. This increases the overall security of the vehicle without adding a second remote control or complicated series of controls. Adding the functionality of vehicle security gives you added peace-of-mind and reduces the probability of theft or vandalism. Read more about Vehicle Security Systems here on our website.
Remote Starter Installation Matters
Just as important as what a remote starter can do for you is how we expertly install it. We solder all of our connections to ensure longevity and the best electrical performance. We use high-quality integration products to ensure seamless integration with new vehicle electrical systems that have computerized controls and ignition systems. We even provide integrated solutions for new vehicles lacking a traditional key and using push button starters on the dashboard, such as many Japanese and European vehicles.
Whatever your remote starter needs, we have the ability to expertly configure and install the ideal system for your vehicle. Our installation guarantee is for the life of your vehicle ownership, so we ensure it’s done right the first time.
Visit Us Today
Stop into Sound Depot & Performance and visit us today for a no obligation consultation and thorough demonstration of our remote starter solutions. Whether you drive a brand new BMW, Lexus, Ford F-150 or just about any other make and model of vehicle, our product specialists and installation technicians know how to provide you with a remote starter installation that’ll make your life easier and your day more productive.